Skip to main content
The Ultimate Guide To Sadhana
“A person once said about sadhana, ‘Once
sadhana is done, nothing should happen to you.’ I said, ‘No, when sadhana
happens, everything should happen to you, and you should come out as a winner.
You should come out victorious!’ That is what sadhana gives you. It doesn’t
give you a written guarantee from God. The one who does sadhana builds himself
such a powerful personality, he can conquer anything! That is why I do my own
sadhana. I have been doing it for years. I do it even now. Some people ask me,
‘You are a Master, why do you do sadhana?’ I say, ‘To remain a Master!'” – Yogi
Bhajan
What is
sadhana?
Sadhana is a daily spiritual practice. If you’re seeking to know all
about Kundalini
Yoga classes,
sadhana is the bottom line. If you ask any teacher what the most
important part of Kundalini
Yoga classes is,
they’ll say “sadhana”. Sadhana is a self disciple of the mind and body to
serve the soul. In the Aquarian Age, the motto is “I Know, Therefore I
Believe.” In order to know, one has to speak from personal experience, and so
all of the yogic knowledge, exercises, meditations, insights, remedies, etc.
must be put into practice in sadhana. You must experience the vast
teachings of Kundalini
Yoga classes for
yourself. (Don’t take my word for it!)
The three steps to mastery are sadhana, aradhana, and prabuphati, which
mean discipline, attitude and mastery. Sadhana requires the discipline to do it
everyday, the development of the attitude of openness to the Universal self
that comes in that state, and it leads you to the mastery of yourself. Sadhana
is really a relationship with yourself that you commit to everyday.
It’s how early
in the morning?!
Morning sadhana is a specific practice within Kundalini
Yoga classes.
Sadhana can refer to any spiritual discipline done at any point in the
day. In Kundalini
Yoga classeshowever,
it most often refers to the practice done during the 2 1/2 hours before the
rising of the sun. Why 2 1/2 hours? This the minimum time suggested
in the Kundalini Upanishads. It operates under the principle of karma:
that whatever you give comes back tenfold, so with 2 1/2 hours given to the
Divine, then your entire day is covered with blessings. The angle of the sun to
the earth during this time is also very fortuitous and our biorhythms are more
favorable for cleansing. Few people are awake during these hours, so its
easier to take time out for yourself without distractions.
Comments
Post a Comment